Towson University is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (a.k.a. Buckley Amendment). As such, it is the policy of the university
- to permit students to inspect their academic records
- to limit disclosure to others of personally identifiable information from education records without students’ prior written consent
- to provide students the opportunity to seek correction of their education records where appropriate.
A more complete description of the policy and the records considered confidential may be found in the Towson University Undergraduate Catalog, Appendix D, and in the Towson University Graduate Catalog, Appendix D.
- TU Undergraduate Catalogs (current and previous editions)
- TU Graduate Catalogs (current and previous editions)
More information about personal information security issues is found on the following sites.
- TUID (Towson University ID): Used to identify student records instead of Social Security numbers.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act of 1974)