The Towson University Staff Council (TUSC) is the advocate body for all university staff employees. Through its advisory role with the university president, TUSC seeks to further the prominence of the University by promoting the value and talents of its staff employees.
As a result of strong campus-wide interest, the Towson University Staff Council (TUSC) was formed by the president in 1993. Intended to serve as an advisory body to the president's staff on non-faculty matters, the council offers all staff an opportunity to express ideas and concerns and provides a means for assessing campus opinion on important staff issues. It further means to act as a communication channel between the president and the university staff, and advise on matters relating to staff, the work environment, and, in general, the welfare of the university as a whole.
Social & Event Networking Group
The purpose of this workgroup is to explore, create and facilitate events and opportunities for university staff to develop a greater sense of community, service and citizenry both within the TU campus and the surrounding metropolitan area. All TU staff are always welcome to attend any event.
- March 16, 7 p.m. – Paint Night @ Bateman’s, $25.00/participant. Get your creative spirit flowing! All TU employees welcome and okay to bring one paying non-TU guest.
- April 14, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Tax Day Luncheon, West Village Commons. Need a discount now that the taxes are paid? Meet up with TU staff for $6 Friday.
- April 22, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – The Big Event. Volunteer opportunity in the Towson community.
- May 2, 4:30 p.m. – Spring walking tour of campus, depart from front of Liberal Arts Building. May Day is a great day to come and explore all the beautiful landscaping to be found on campus in spring.
Have an event you would like to sponsor in your area? Please send any suggestions to CZile@Towson.edu.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 15, from 1-3pm in the Administration Building, conference room 424.
- SAVE THE DATE: June 8, 2017 - 24th Annual Staff Development Conference