The BTU Council and Leadership Team are working to better support faculty and staff leading partnerships and relationships by:
- Enhancing recognition of faculty and staff-led partnerships
- Identifying our relationships and partnerships
- Determining their scope
- Coordinating campus resources
- Evaluating impacts and outcomes
As a faculty or staff member leading a partnership or relationship, we can help you:
- Find potential on-campus collaborators and resources to support your partnerships and relationships
- Identify and connect with community partners to start a new project or to expand an existing project
- Track your impacts and outcomes over time
- Help tell your own and your department’s/division’s story through customized reports
In order to know what's happening on campus, we rely on TU faculty and staff to share information about their partnerships and relationships through the Partnership/Relationship Record Form and the Partnership/Relationship Feedback Form. The Record Form is available to complete at any time and can be accessed here. The Feedback Form can be completed each spring. You will be contacted by the Office of Partnerships and Outreach to fill that out.
What is a university-community partnership or relationship?
Partnerships at Towson University focus on the collaboration and exchange of knowledge, expertise, and resources. Our partnerships support the mission of the university, enhance the student learning experience, and are central to our identity as a community-engaged institution.
A university-community relationship is between a university entity and an external organization or individual. These most likely have a single purpose or goal, including but not limited to grants, contracts, research, community service, service-learning, or internships.
Do you have a university-community partnership or relationship?
We want to know about it! Be sure to fill out a Partnership/Relationship Record Form so that we can learn more about your work.
If you have previously submitted information about your partnership or relationship, the Office of Partnerships and Outreach will contact you in the spring for updated feedback.