Summer and Minimester

Visiting Students

students outside on campus

At Towson, we make it easy for visiting students to take summer and Minimester classes. You can choose from a wide variety of classes, earn credits that will transfer, and speed up your degree work.

Undergraduate Students

Here’s the information you’ll need if you plan to take an undergraduate course.

  1. Set up an account for Non-Degree Enrollment and complete the Non-Degree Enrollment Form online. Processing takes about a week.
  2. Once your form is processed, you’ll receive an e-mail from the Office of Admissions with instructions about how to activate your NetID email account.
  3. Register for classes online. Registration information is available from the Registrar’s Office.
  4. Check on prerequisites. In some cases, you may need to gain permission from the professor or department in order to register.
  5. Confirm with your home school’s registrar that your classes will transfer back to your home school.
  6. Mail or fax your Health Form and Immunization Record to the Health Center before classes begin. After you are enrolled, you may obtain required vaccines (MMR, Tetanus-diphtheria, Meningitis vaccine) for a small fee by appointment at the Health Center. For more information, please call 410-704-2466.
  7. Visiting international students should review the immunization and student health insurance requirements, as well as insurance waiver information, on the Health Center website.
  8. Pay your bill. You’ll receive an eBill statement from the Bursar’s office.
  9. Get a parking permit. New parking permits are prorated to the annual parking permit fee. All permits must be purchased online using your NetID.
  10. Get your OneCard student ID. After you enroll, you can get your OneCard at the Auxiliary Services Business Office, University Union 110. With a OneCard you can borrow books from Cook Library, gain access to computer and photo labs, and you'll enjoy free or reduced-price student admission to sporting and cultural events.
  11. Buy textbooks from the University Store.Media Center

Graduate Students

Students who are not pursuing a degree at Towson University but are interested in taking graduate-level courses must complete a graduate application and select on the application "non-degree seeking student." Read more about Non-Degree Enrollment.





See the academic calendar for session dates.







University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now