Please submit an electronic version of your proposal, (including cover page and letter of support) as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that research grant applications must be received electronically by the TOUR office by 5 p.m.
Applications which are not sent as a single PDF document will not be considered.
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a letter from the faculty mentor supporting the research
Follow these instructions to prepare your proposal for a small projects award.
• The proposal should not exceed two pages in length.
• Double-spaced with one-inch margins.
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt.
The proposal MUST consist of the following components:
Cover Page (link) All aspects of the cover page must be filled in for your application to be considered.
Introduction: Explain the goals of the project concisely.
Describe the approach to be taken.
Include an explanation of how the funds are to be spent.
Include itemized budget statement of the type and amount of support needed (types and approximate costs of supplies, travel, fees etc.).
Maximum project award is $100.00.
Project Time Line:
Clearly state the period of the proposed project.
Group Projects :To be eligible for funding a proposal submitted by a group of undergraduate students must satisfy one of the following requirements:
1. The proposal must demonstrate that each member of the group is responsible for one unique facet of a larger multi-dimensional research project.
2. The proposal must clearly demonstrate that each member of the group will contribute equally to the project.
Faculty support letter
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a letter from the faculty mentor supporting the project.
TU Office of Undergraduate Research
Provost's Office- Administration Building, Suite 311
Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.