Towson University proudly boasts one of the fewest crimes per capita of any public higher education institution in Maryland. When crime does occur, it is reported immediately and is made public for the safety of others.
The University Police posts timely crime alerts to promote awareness of potential
safety situations in the campus community. Individuals are expected to review these
crime alerts and take reasonable steps towards maintaining personal safety. Becoming
actively involved in crime prevention is the best way to defend against becoming a
These crime alerts promote safety on campus and comply, in part with Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crine Statistics Act of 1990.
Towson University reports annual crime statistics in the Clery Report and the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.
- TU Crime Overview - 1995-2014 (PDF)
- Clery Reportable Crimes 2012-2014 (PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison- 2014(PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2013(PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2012 (PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2011 (PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2010 (PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2009 (PDF)
- USM UCR Comparison - 2008 (PDF)
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery) Main Campus (PDF)
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery) TUNE Campus (PDF)