- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
- Minimum of a B average: overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Official transcript from all post-secondary institutions
- Statement of Intent: a one-page essay describing your academic and professional goals
and how this degree program can help you achieve these goals.
- Sample of Work: a written sample of an academic research paper, thesis chapter or
a published writing sample, no more than 20 pages.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from an academic source (Email addresses
of recommenders must be entered on application).
- Applicants must be available for an interview with the director, in person or by phone.
- Current Resume
- Applicants from other countries are subject to the same requirements for admission
as are applicants from the U.S. Applicants from countries where English is not the
language of university-level instruction will be required to submit the results of
the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). JDST prefers a minimum score of
223 (computer-based) and 84-85 (internet-based). For information about testing center
locations, please visit the TOEFL website at www.ets.org/toefl/.
- Applicants from other countries will be required to demonstrate proof of funding in
order to obtain a visa to attend school in the US. This information is not required
for admissions consideration
- Applicants may be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller
Analogies Test (MAT)
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
*See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.