Blackboard is Towson's online learning management system which allows you to connect with students
outside the physical classroom. It can be used to distribute files such as syllabi,
to collect and grade assignments or to hold discussion forums and generate tests.
Student Computing Services (SCS)
SCS is a multifaceted technology support service available to all Towson University students.
SCS is located on the first floor of Cook Library, room 35. Students can contact SCS
by phone at 410-704-5151 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Services offered include:
- Service Desk provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance to students experiencing
problems or seeking technology advice.
- The Computer Lab offers 54 PCs, 10 iMacs, and pay-for-print services, with on-site support staff.
- Multimedia Support Services offers training and consultations, three studios for media production and presentation
rehearsal, and large format (poster) printing.
- Gear2Go Equipment Loans gives the campus access to digital cameras, audio recorders and other equipment.
Available to students, faculty and staff.
- Scantron Test Scoring.
OTS Training offers free workshops to faculty, staff and students on a variety of
topics as well as customized and one-on-one trainings. OTS Training provides self-help
training and offers an extensive online library of video tutorials. Services include:
- Free Workshops are available on a variety of topics. Register for a workshop.
- Self-Help and Video Tutorials provide access to more than 180 self-help documents and over 100 videos which guide you through the different features of various software applications and
Towson University systems.
- Customized and one on one sessions are available - We will bring the training to your department or offer one-hour, one-on-one training sessions on a specific
- Lynda.com is an extensive online software training tutorial video library. This video collection
is available 24/7 and offers thousands of videos on software, business and creative
- Technical support and training for WebEx , an online web-conferencing application.
- Panopto is an easy to use and flexible instructional recording package (lecture capture).
This technology can help faculty connect and engage with students online and outside
Client Services serves faculty and staff through telephone, Remote Control Access,
walk-in and on-site support. Located in Cook Library, Room 29, Client Services can
be reached at 410-704-5151. Services include:
- The OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center, which offers support for general computing, networking, accounts, remote access
- On-Site Tech Support by appointment, when telephone or remote control-based support is not practical.
- Technology in the classroom, including resources on what is available and how to use it.
- Design and planning services for Classroom Technology projects (new construction and renovations). Helps support SMART Classrooms in cooperation
with colleges and departments.
- Software and hardware service, managing of computer purchases and assisting with the integration of hardware (printers,
scanners, laptop computers, smartphones, iPads and other mobile devices).
New Faculty Orientation Handouts
Blackboard Faculty Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Email at Towson Flyer (PDF)
Getting Started at TU Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Office 365: The Basics (PDF)
OTS Orientation 2017 Topics and Registration Information (PDF)
OTS Training Brochure (PDF)
SCS Brochure (PDF)
Technology Services & Support for Adjunct Faculty (PDF)
Technology Services & Support for New Faculty (PDF)
VoIP Phone Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
WebEx Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – Six Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – One Page Graphic for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – Four Page Guide for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Add-Drop During Change of Schedule – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Add-Drop During Change of Schedule – Four Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – Eight Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – One Page Graphic for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – Eight Page Guide for MyTU Mobile (PDF)