Majors in Information Technology (IT) at Towson University develop a combination of knowledge and practical hands-on skills highly valued by employers.
Information technology involves the selection, creation, application, integration and administration of computing and communication technologies to meet user needs in an organizational and societal context.
The program prepares you to enter the workplace as an IT professional and grow into leadership positions or pursue research or graduate studies in the IT field.
- Use their proficiency with information technology principles and practices to solve a variety of problems.
- Explain the selection, deployment and maintenance principles that under lie information technology.
- Understand the ethical and societal issues facing information technology professionals and can formulate appropriate solutions.
- Work effectively in teams and communicate effectively.
Towson University also offers the information technology major at TU in Northeastern Maryland.
WHY TOWSON UNIVERSITY?
- small classes and highly individualized advising
- research and internship opportunities through partnerships with federal, state and local government agencies and the IT industry
- state-of-the-art facilities, including eight smart classrooms and 15 computer laboratories
- excellent faculty with diverse research specialties