Ready to begin your journey as a Towson Tiger? It all starts right here.
Applying to Towson University is easy. Make sure to read the following instruction
carefully before beginning your application. If you have questions, contact us at
410-704-2113, admissions AT_TOWSON, or get in touch with your admissions counselor.
Be sure to read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application:
- Complete your application and submit the application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application. Students
applying with a fee waiver will have the option to choose the type of fee waiver to be used during the payment
section of the application. If you hold a permanent residency card or other visa
type (not including F or J student visas); hold DACA or Dream Act status; or are undocumented,
please check this Admissions Requirements (PDF) document for important information related to your application process.
- Apply, if interested, to the Honors College. If you’re interested in the Honors College, you will need to complete the Honors section of the regular application for admission,
no later than Dec. 1.
- Know the deadlines. To be considered for merit-based scholarships offered through University Admissions,
you must apply and submit your transcripts and standardized test scores by Dec. 1. The final application deadline is Jan. 17 for fall admission and Oct. 15 for spring.
(Applications may remain open on a space-available basis.) See all deadlines.
- Send official high school transcripts. Please have your school counselor submit to University Admissions your official high
school transcript via Parchment/Naviance. If your school does not have Naviance, transcripts can be sent to admissions_documents AT_TOWSON.
- If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. high school, you must have your
transcript evaluated by one of the following international credential evaluation companies:
WES, ASCISS, ECE. You may also request that your high school send an official transcript
by mail to: University Admissions, 8000 York Road, Towson, Maryland 21252.
- If you were home-schooled, you must submit an official transcript from your home-schooled
program/agency or official documentation from your county school district verifying
- Submit standardized test scores. Towson accepts either the SAT and/or ACT. SAT and ACT scores must be sent from the
testing agency to be considered official. We will not accept test scores reported
on high school transcripts. Towson University test ID for SAT: 5404, Towson University
test ID for ACT: 1718. *Please note that it usually takes 2-3 weeks (from the day scores were requested)
to be uploaded into our system.
- Write your college essay. Towson requires one essay with a 500 word maximum. Please refer to the application
for the essay prompt.
- Create a resume. Applicants have the option to upload a resume or activities list before submitting
the application. Although this is optional, any document submitted will be considered
during the application process.
- Submit your ZeeMee link (optional). At TU we want to get to know our applicants better. That’s why we’ve partnered with
ZeeMee, a free service that lets you easily add short videos and photos to your college
application. Just create your free profile and paste your link into your application.
- Provide OPTIONAL letters of recommendation. Up to two letters of recommendation may be sent via Parchment/Naviance or to admissions_documents AT_TOWSON.
- Find out if your intended major has additional requirements. Please refer to our complete list of screened majors to determine if there are additional requirements for the major you wish to study.
- Determine if you need to take the TOEFL exam. If your native language is not English, you are required to take the TOEFL, IELTS
or Pearson PTE. However, one of the following SAT or ACT scores exempt you from submitting
TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson PTE scores:
- Evidence Based Reading and Writing SAT score of 530
- A 21 on the English section of the ACT
The TOEFL code for Towson University is 5404.