Illustration is a screened concentration. The prerequisites and procedures for screening are listed below.
1. A minimum GPA of 2.67 in ART and ARTH courses in the major.
2. At least 39 units completed in the major (ART and ARTH coursework) to include, but not be limited to the following courses:
3. Illustration application requirements include a portfolio consisting of 8-12 original works completed in the courses included in your requirements, and an unofficial transcript.
4. Screening will take place twice a year: in the week preceding spring semester (for those who reach 39 units in the major at the end of the fall semester), and in the week following the spring semester (for those who reach 39 units in the major at the close of the spring semester).
5. An Illustration screening application form will be sent out by email several weeks before screening. The unofficial transcript will be submitted with the application form. The portfolio can be submitted on data CD or DVD with image files and/or PDF format. Make sure to label files appropriately and with relevant information. All the application requirements must be dropped off at the front desk in the Arts office.
6. A faculty committee will score portfolios on design, technique, concept, and originality. You will be notified of the committee's decision by email to your Towson account within a week after Illustration screening selection committee meeting.
7. Students not accepted may reapply one more time.