Are you ready to transfer to Towson University?
- Spring 2018: October 15
- Fall 2018: Scholarship consideration December 1; Regular Decision January 17.
- We will begin downloading submitted applications for both spring and fall on September
Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application.
Requirements for admission vary, depending on transferable credits completed and cumulative
combined GPA from all institutions attended. If you have questions, contact us at
410-704-2113, admissions AT_TOWSON, or get in touch with your admissions counselor.
If you are applying to Towson University in Northeastern Maryland (at Harford Community
College), please use the Towson University in Northeastern Maryland application.
- Complete your application and submit the application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application. If you
hold a permanent residency card or other visa type (not including F or J student visas);
hold DACA or Dream Act status; or are undocumented, please click HERE for important information related to your application process.
- Apply, if interested, to the Honors College. If you’re interested in the Honors College, you’ll need to complete the Honors section of the regular application for admission
no later than Dec. 1.
- Know the deadlines. To be considered for merit-based scholarships offered through University Admissions,
you must apply and submit your transcripts and standardized test scores (if you have
earned fewer than 30 transferrable credits) by Dec. 1. The final application deadline is Jan. 17 for fall admission and Oct. 15 for spring
(applications are open on a space-available basis). See all deadlines.
- Send official documents. Submit an official transcript from each college or university you’ve attended.
- If you’ve earned less than 30 college credits by the application deadline, a final
high school transcript and standardized test scores are also required.
- If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. college, you must have your
transcript evaluated by one of the following international credential evaluation companies:
WES, ASCISS, or ECE. You may also request that your high school send an official transcript by mail
to: University Admissions, 8000 York Rd., Towson, MD 21252.
- Write your college essay (Optional). Submit an essay on the topic of your choice with your application for admission.
- Find out if your major has additional requirements. Please refer to our complete list of screened majors to determine if there are additional requirements for the major you wish to study.